7/10/11

AAR CSS: Day 21

Florence, Day 3

Last big thing in Florence: La Specola, the zoological museum that apparently no one knows about (I saw a total of maybe ten people total in around three hours there, none American). I've put the pictures behind a cut for those of you who dislike taxidermy or who had (or still have) issues watching Bambi.


Most of the rooms look like this:


Most of the animals look at you as you walk by:


I mean really look at you...







And now I know where they keep the alien of Alien fame:




They also have an entire collection of wax anatomical models that go into extreme detail (think the "Bodies" exhibit, but more lifelike and less actual flesh). I have plenty of pictures but will spare you.

Bottom line: If you're ever in Florence, go.

Got back to Rome and waited an interminable amount of time for the 75 out of Termini. Gave up and took the 175 to Piazza Venezia, then the 44 back to the Centro.

No comments:

Post a Comment